Trusted Resources: People & Places
Online groups, photo galleries and blogs
CHOC-Harbor UCLA MPS Multidisciplinary Center1201 W. La Veta Ave.
Orange, California, United States
CHOC and Harbor-UCLA Pediatrics together offer the only place in the Western United States for children to receive comprehensive and coordinated treatment for a rare disease called mucopolysaccharidosis (MPS). In a single visit, patients and their families will see a geneticist, neurologist, endocrinologist, orthopaedic surgeon, and cardiologist, all of whom have expertise to collectively manage MPS and its effects on different areas of the body. Because patients with MPS should be continually checked for complications from the disease, we follow families closely to coordinate regular visits and ensure all of their needs are being met.
At the CHOC-Harbor UCLA MPS Multidisciplinary Center, we offer:
• A comprehensive team of specialists who have expertise in treating children with MPS.
• A single care setting for all diagnostic testing and treatment planning, for the convenience of families.
• Close coordination with your child’s referring pediatrician and local subspecialists.
• A holistic approach to treatment: we keep your child’s current and future health in mind and prepare for meaningful survivorship into adulthood.
• The opportunity for families to participate in clinical and scientific research as we work to understand MPS and discover new and better treatments.
• Connection with support from a nationwide MPS patient advocacy group, the National MPS Society.
Case Report: Cerebral Revascularization in a Child With Mucopolysaccharidosis Type IMucopolysaccharidosis (MPS) type I is a ...
Gene Therapy for MPShttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh5pFgZd...
Issues of COVID-19-Related Distance Learning for Children With Neuronopathic MucopolysaccharidosesThe COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the e...
A Guide to Understanding MPS III (Sanfilippo Syndrome)MPS III belongs to a group of inherited ...
Glycosaminoglycans As Biomarkers for Mucopolysaccharidoses and Other DisordersGlycosaminoglycans (GAGs) are present in...
Intracerebral Gene Therapy in Four Children With Sanfilippo B Syndrome: 5.5-Year Follow-Up ResultsWe report the safety (primary endpoint) ...
Emotional Responses to Diagnosis of MPS or MLIf you or someone you know have been dia...