Trusted Resources: People & Places
Online groups, photo galleries and blogs
CHOC-Harbor UCLA MPS Multidisciplinary Center1201 W. La Veta Ave.
Orange, California, United States
CHOC and Harbor-UCLA Pediatrics together offer the only place in the Western United States for children to receive comprehensive and coordinated treatment for a rare disease called mucopolysaccharidosis (MPS). In a single visit, patients and their families will see a geneticist, neurologist, endocrinologist, orthopaedic surgeon, and cardiologist, all of whom have expertise to collectively manage MPS and its effects on different areas of the body. Because patients with MPS should be continually checked for complications from the disease, we follow families closely to coordinate regular visits and ensure all of their needs are being met.
At the CHOC-Harbor UCLA MPS Multidisciplinary Center, we offer:
• A comprehensive team of specialists who have expertise in treating children with MPS.
• A single care setting for all diagnostic testing and treatment planning, for the convenience of families.
• Close coordination with your child’s referring pediatrician and local subspecialists.
• A holistic approach to treatment: we keep your child’s current and future health in mind and prepare for meaningful survivorship into adulthood.
• The opportunity for families to participate in clinical and scientific research as we work to understand MPS and discover new and better treatments.
• Connection with support from a nationwide MPS patient advocacy group, the National MPS Society.
Family Assistance ProgramProgram provides grants of up to $3000 f...
Experimental MPS 1 Therapy Shows Biomarker Activity, Improved FunctionREGENXBIO presented results from its ong...
A Rare Specialism: A Look at the Last Ten Years in MPS Management, Presented by Dr Christina Lampehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjNEVoWT...
Bob StevensBob Stevens is Group Chief Executive Off...
Nationwide Newborn Screening Program for Mucopolysaccharidoses in Taiwan and An Update of the “Gold Standard&#...Mucopolysaccharidoses (MPSs) are a group...
Mucopolysaccharidoses Diagnosis in the Era of Enzyme Replacement Therapy in EgyptUndegraded glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) ind...
Glaucoma in MucopolysaccharidosesMucopolysaccharidoses are a group of lys...