Trusted Resources: People & Places
Online groups, photo galleries and blogs
CHOC-Harbor UCLA MPS Multidisciplinary Center1201 W. La Veta Ave.
Orange, California, United States
CHOC and Harbor-UCLA Pediatrics together offer the only place in the Western United States for children to receive comprehensive and coordinated treatment for a rare disease called mucopolysaccharidosis (MPS). In a single visit, patients and their families will see a geneticist, neurologist, endocrinologist, orthopaedic surgeon, and cardiologist, all of whom have expertise to collectively manage MPS and its effects on different areas of the body. Because patients with MPS should be continually checked for complications from the disease, we follow families closely to coordinate regular visits and ensure all of their needs are being met.
At the CHOC-Harbor UCLA MPS Multidisciplinary Center, we offer:
• A comprehensive team of specialists who have expertise in treating children with MPS.
• A single care setting for all diagnostic testing and treatment planning, for the convenience of families.
• Close coordination with your child’s referring pediatrician and local subspecialists.
• A holistic approach to treatment: we keep your child’s current and future health in mind and prepare for meaningful survivorship into adulthood.
• The opportunity for families to participate in clinical and scientific research as we work to understand MPS and discover new and better treatments.
• Connection with support from a nationwide MPS patient advocacy group, the National MPS Society.
Enzyme Replacement Therapy With Pabinafusp Alfa for Neuronopathic Mucopolysaccharidosis II: An Integrated Analysis o...Enzyme replacement therapy (ERT) improve...
A Guide to Understanding MPS II (Hunter Syndrome)MPS II belongs to a group of inherited m...
EMA Grants Orphan Drug Designation to JR-171 for the Treatment of Mucopolysaccaridosis Type I (MPS I)JCR Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd. announced ...
Corneal Cloudiness: A Presenting Feature of Mucopolysaccharidosis Type IA 10-y-old ‘short-statured’ male pre...
Genome Editing in Mucopolysaccharidoses and MucolipidosesMucopolysaccharidoses (MPS) and mucolipi...
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Findings of the Posterior Fossa in 47 Patients With Mucopolysaccharidoses: A Cross-Sectio...Mucopolysaccharidoses (MPS) is a group o...
Mucopolysaccharidosis Type I Disease Prevalence Among Patients With Idiopathic Short Stature in Saudi Arabia: Protoc...Since the underlying cause of idiopathic...